TGIT-Thank Goodness It’s Thursday! OK so it doesn’t have quite the same ring to it that TGIF has, but I am happy it is Thursday! Thursday is like that person standing on the sidelines during a really long race, just when you think you might die until you hear them yell “YOU CAN DO IT!” and that alone gets you to the finish. THAT’s what Thursday is like for me 😉 .
Last night was a sad/eye opening evening for me; this past weekend a classmate from high school passed away after a courageous battle with leukemia. Although we were not very close, she was one of those individuals who touched everyone in one way or another. It was so sad to see her husband (another classmate and her high school sweetheart) and her family greeting everyone who came to say good-bye last night. She was a wonderful person and will be missed by all.
The passing of my classmate has really made me stop and think about all the things I am grateful for in my own life. Some are silly, and some are serious, but I thought I would share them with you in hope that you will also share some things with me! So in no particular order, here are some things I am grateful for:
- An amazing boyfriend and family who deal with me and all my quirks.
- Having girl friends who support me in my decisions but also give me a healthy dose of reality every once in awhile.
- My positive outlook on life. I am a very optimistic person these days mostly because I spent too much time in the past being unhappy over things I could change on my own.
- My ability to know that an off day (or even an off week!) doesn’t have to make or break it. Tomorrow is ALWAYS a new day and a new chance to start over/make things better.
- I am grateful for nut butter and cherry chocolate bomb shakes!
- Living close enough to the city that I can experience all it has to offer but living far enough away that I have to make my own fun too.
- My dog Luna! Having a puppy to hug when I go home to see my parents always makes things better.
- Discovering this awesome community of people who provide ideas, motivation, encouragement and positive thoughts every day!
- ME! Sounds funny but I am grateful that I am healthy and strong and able to get around on my own two feet. I have the ability to make my own decisions and create my own happiness-can’t get much better than that!
So there you have it. I am sure there are many more things I could add on. But this gal has work to do and a work Happy Hour to attend later on. I really hope you all comment and let me know things you are grateful for – it never hurts to pause our crazy busy lives to stop and smell the roses 🙂 .