Is it just me or do Mondays seem to go fairly quickly? Call me crazy but I think they do. Anyways, my Monday was accompanied by a headache which was lovely–I think it might be allergies that are making me feel kind of cruddy.
Before I get into the random title of this post, I wanted to give an update on my Summer TO DO’s. I have to say I haven’t been doing too well, but vow to cross off at least a couple more in the next month!
Stephanie’s Summer TO DO’s:
- visit the Philadelphia Zoo
- take a tour of Troeg’s brewery in Harrisburg
- go on the Philadelphia Ride the Ducks tour – not gonna happen after this:
- have a sunset HH on the beach – DONE!
- tube down the Brandywine River
- Phind the Phanatic Scavenger Hunt
- plan an all day bike trip at VF National Park
- Center City Sips! – DONE!
- make ice cream and fro-yo at home
- get my mom to drink a smoothie with spinach in it
- have Sunday brunch in the city
- get a puppy (long shot but I had to slip it in there!!!)
- make pasta sauce from my home-grown tomatoes!
- go to the Bashful Banana Cafe for some Banana Soft Serve – DONE!
Now about those sunflowers…Remember this picture from this post awhile back?
I went back to the same restaurant where that picture was taken a couple weekends ago and look what it had become!
It got so big!! PS-do you like my dress? I kind of love it-I got it from a surf shop last summer and it’s such a comfy dress for hanging out down the shore.
Now onto the Ravioli’s–Agnolotti actually! The awesome folks over at Buitoni provided me with a coupon to try one of their Riserva pastas as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemakers Program. I was immediately attracted to the Wild Mushroom Angliotti because I love “mushies” so much. Paired with some zucchini and salad, this was a very simple meal to put together.
We decided to go with a mushroom marinara sauce on top of the pasta which was a good choice. They were extremely tasty-cheesy with that meaty mushroom flavor I love. A couple bites did seem kind of salty but I wasn’t complaining-I ate them slowly because I didn’t want them to be gone!
The salad was very simple and had my favorite summer salad topping-FRUIT! I love it all; apples, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries. You name it I’ll eat it on a salad. For this salad I tossed some mixed greens with EVOO, peaches and a few dashes of garlic and pepper. YUM.
It was an awesome meal and left me totally satisfied, which says a lot because I usually crave something sweet after dinner. I have the peach to thank for that 🙂 .
Before I go, I wanted to share this quote I read recently and really enjoyed:
“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
And on that note, back to work!